Through our mission at the Okamura Group, “Contribute to society by creating environments where people can thrive with rich ideas and reliable quality,” we aim for enhanced corporate value and providing solutions to issues facing society.
1. Creating environments where people can thrive
We will continue to take on the challenge of creating new values, markets, and trends by providing society with innovative products and services with reliable quality and safety.
2. Pursuing employee satisfaction
In addition to making our workplaces both healthier and safer, we respect the diversity of our employees and provide them working environments that promote fulfillment in their work and achieving personal growth through cooperation.
3. Global environmental initiatives
We will help create a sustainable society by thoroughly considering our impact on the global environment throughout the supply chain of our business activities.
4. Responsible corporate activities
We will respect human rights and strive to respect each person’s individuality—including their cultural background—while eliminating discrimination. By conducting corporate activities based on legal compliance and a high standard of ethics, we will disclose information in a timely and appropriate manner to our stakeholders, enhance our communications initiatives, coexist with local communities and society, and engage in fair, transparent and honest corporate activities as a global company that is trusted and appreciated by society.
The Sustainability Priority Issues of the Okamura Group
To meet the expectations of our stakeholders and society as a whole, we have set the following four themes and priority tasks while promoting our business activities: (1) Creating environments where people can thrive, (2) Pursuing employee satisfaction, (3) Global environmental initiatives and (4) Responsible corporate activities.
For more Information on our Sustainability, check our Sustainability Report.
In agreement with the philosophy of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), international goals set by the United Nations for the realization of a sustainable world by 2030, Okamura will contribute to the achievement of these goals through our business and social contribution activities.
Okamura is an environmentally conscious company, with an environmental management system based on ISO 14001 standards covering the whole lifecycle of our products. This includes the planning, manufacturing, sales, distribution, collection, disassembly and recycling of our products. To ensure environmental thinking is embedded as an everyday part of our activities, we also created what we call our Green Wave Activity program to promote environmentally responsible production.
JIS Q 14001:2015,ISO 14001:2015
Scope of registration:
1) Research, development, design, manufacturing, sales, installation, service and related support operations of office furniture business, store displays business, material handling systems business and other businesses.
2) Keeping, warehouse handling, delivery and interior work including management of general office furniture,industriaI equipment and merchandise display equipment, and the related services.
3) Buying and Selling of second-hand office furniture and document printing service and pic up and delivery service in Okamura group.